Answered By: Kristy Floyd
Last Updated: Mar 27, 2020     Views: 61

In short: it depends, but mostly no. There are some textbooks on reserve behind the Circulation Desk which can be used in the LRC building only. The library may also have books used in your courses available for check out, though in general we do not purchase course textbooks. However, if you are reading classic works of literature, we are likely to have a copy or two on our shelves.

One way to check if we have a particular item is to search in ChesCat, the library catalog. If we have the book, it will show up; if it's in Reserve Collection then it's behind the Circulation Desk on the first floor, while circulating items are labeled "Second Floor."

The Academic Support Center, on the first floor of the LRC, also houses a collection of textbooks.  Books in the catalog with an ASC prefix are located in the Academic Support Center.

Need help?

Ask a librarian using the contact info on the Library home page.

Related Topics